PSA Hiring Instructors
Job Posting: Program Instructor(s)
The Portland School of Astrology is looking for qualified instructors to join our faculty for our 8 and 9-month long 1st year and 2nd year programs. Our innovative programs explore the basics of astrology in standard and unconventional ways to best appeal to a multitude of learning styles and personal experiences. There are several subjects we are particularly interested in finding someone to teach, but are open to working with new hires to develop curriculum in new ways.
Preferred subjects include, but not limited to: Basic Chart Orientation, Mythology of Planets and Signs, History of the Houses, Lunar Nodes, Lunar Phases and Eclipses, Chiron, Major Asteroids, Aspects, Approaching Astrology through creative lenses (creative writing, theater, movement, creative exercises), Relationships, Sex and Sexuality in Natal Chart, Medical Astrology, Progressions, Annual Profected Rulerships, and more.
- Classes meet on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays. Daytime and evening hours.
- Hours will vary depending on the program and number of classes taught.
- Hours will vary depending on the number of teachers hired.
Principles and Practices
It is critical that all applicants understand that Portland School of Astrology is engaged in a journey to uproot white supremacy culture from our space. That means mending and seeding deeper relationships with Black, Indigenous, People of Color, people who are disabled, and people who identify as LGBTQIA+. At minimum this will require:
- Strong display of an anti-oppressive framework that seeks to understand how racism,sexism, heterosexism, ableism, ageism, and class oppression interact with Astrological practice (Not sure what this is? Click this link to find out more.)
- Recognition of your power and responsibility as a faculty member to create a comfortable, engaging learning space.
- Consistent collaboration with students, faculty, and community members on Portland School of Astrology’s organizational development.
- Commitment to engaging in this complex process that requires difficult conversations around power and identity.
Minimum Job Requirements
- At least five years of experience reading charts for clients in private practice.
- At least one year of experience teaching or facilitating groups in astrology or other related topic.
- Able to facilitate chart reading with students.
- Ability to work as a team member with other teachers to develop curriculum and manage program needs.
- Lite/Minimal house-keeping, space management.
Please fill out an application here. PSA will be interviewing and hoping to hire in July.